Water Based Silicone 2
An important property of silicone SAA is its excellent surface activity and ease of spreading. This property is derived from the low surface tension and weak intermolecular forces of polydimethylsiloxane. The silicon atom is in the center of the tetrahedron in the compound. According to the tetrahedral structure, the two methyl groups are perpendicular to the plane in which the silicon and two adjacent oxygen atoms are connected; since the SI-C bond has a large length, the three hydrogens on the two non-polar methyl groups are like an open umbrella, so that it has good hydrophobicity.
The three hydrogen atoms on the methyl group occupy a large space due to the rotation of the methyl group, thereby increasing the distance between adjacent siloxane molecules; the intermolecular force is inversely proportional to the sixth power of the intermolecular distance, so polydimethylsiloxane has much weaker intermolecular forces than hydrocarbons. Therefore, its surface tension is smaller than that of hydrocarbons of similar molar mass, so that the siloxane is easily spread at the interface. Another reason for polydimethylsiloxane chain distribution and polar surfaces (such as water, metals, fibers, etc.) is that oxygen in the silicon oxide chain forms hydrogen bonds with polar molecules or radicals. The force of the molecules between the silicon oxide chain and the polar surface is increased, causing it to spread into a monolayer; thus making the hydrophobic silicone lying on the polar surface in a unique "extension chain" configuration. The hydrophobic group of a common SAA is erected on a polar surface.
The above characteristics of silicone SAA determine that such materials have the characteristics of easy emulsification, excellent permeability, strong bonding with polar substrates, good surface spreadability, and thin film formation. If it is not modified by a hydrophilic group, it is still hydrophobic.
A typical type of silicone SAA is a polyether silicone oil. Since the polyether group is suspended or embedded in its molecular chain (side chain or main chain), it has a property of being oleophilic and hydrophilic. That is, the oil is not only miscible with the alkane oily substance, but also easily dispersed in water. This is a very useful feature.
- August 16, 2018Silica gel alias: Silicic acid gel. It is a highly active adsorbent material and an amorphous material. Its chemical formula is mSiO2. nH2O. It is insoluble in water and any solvent, non-toxic, odorle...view
- August 16, 2018The hydrotreated low-viscosity mineral oil is used as a raw material, and a high-fraction, narrow-range base oil is cut through a narrow rectification column, and the fraction is 295-355 ℃. It is dew...view
- July 29, 2019Ceramic silicone rubber is more popular in electrical machinery and equipment manufacturing than other products containing silica gel. Ceramic silicone rubber mainly includes silicone rubber matrix, c...view
- August 16, 2018Waterproof adhesive: it is mainly for binding and waterproof. Adhesion requirements are relatively high, such as the binding of board and corrugated paper.Waterproof properties:High flexibility, moist...view
- October 17, 2018(1) Silicon is a very rich element on the earth, and silicone is the product after the organic silicon is organized. Silicone, also known as silicone or siloxane, is a siloxane organic polymer that is...view
- August 16, 2018Uses of waterproof adhesive:1.Concrete surface: apply directly on the concrete surface, with thickness between 2mm and 3mm, not too thin or too thick. Dry for more than 7 days after construction.2.Sea...view