(1) Silicone gel, alias Silicone gel or silicic acid gel, English name is Silicone gel or Silicone. The molecular formula is xSiO2·yH2O and the molecular weight is 60.08,which is Transparent or milky white granular solid. It has an open porous structure, strong adsorption, and can adsorb a variety of substances. Dilute sulfuric acid (or hydrochloric acid) is added to an aqueous solution of water glass and allowed to stand to form a hydrous silicic acid gel to be solidified. The electrolyte Na+ and SO4 2-(Cl-) ions dissolved therein are removed by water washing, and after drying, Silicone gel is obtained. If the water is absorbed, part of the Silicone gel absorbs about 40% or even 300%. Used for gas drying, gas absorption, liquid dehydration, chromatography, etc., also used as a catalyst. For example, cobalt chloride is added, which is blue when dried and red when absorbed. Recyclable and reusable. The main component of Silicone gel is Silicone, which is chemically stable and does not burn. Silicone gel is an amorphous Silicone. The dust content in the workshop should be no more than 10 mg/m3. It is necessary to strengthen the exhaust and wear a mask when operating.
Silicone gel has a strong adsorption capacity and can cause dryness on human skin. Therefore, work clothes should be worn during operation. If the silicone enters the eye, rinse with plenty of water and we should seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Blue Silicone gel is potentially toxic due to its small amount of cobalt chloride. Avoid contacting with food and inhalation. If a poisoning event occurs, seek medical attention immediately.
When the Silicone gel is adsorbed by water vapor or other organic substances in the medium during use, the adsorption capacity is lowered and can be reused after regeneration. Superior performance, coupled with Silicone is a non-petroleum product, does not rely on increasingly scarce petroleum resources, making silicone products a substitute for similar plastic products is the trend of the times, while silicone products can be applied to areas where there are many plastic products that cannot be used. Such as baby pacifiers, etc., the application prospects are very broad. All silicone products can pass the US FDA certification, SGS certification and European LFGB certification, achieving barrier-free entry.
(2) In general, Silicone gel can be divided into two major categories: organic Silicone gel and inorganic Silicone gel according to its nature and composition.
Inorganic Silicone gel is a highly active adsorbent material, usually prepared by reacting sodium Siliconete and sulfuric acid, and undergoing a series of post-treatment processes such as aging and acid foaming. Silicone gel is an amorphous substance with a chemical formula of mSiO2. nH2O. It is insoluble in water and any solvent, non-toxic and tasteless, chemically stable, and does not react with any substance except strong alkali and hydrofluoric acid. Various types of Silicone gels have different microporous structures due to their different manufacturing methods. The chemical composition and physical structure of Silicone gel determine that it has many characteristics that are difficult to replace with other similar materials: high adsorption performance, good thermal stability, stable chemical properties, high mechanical strength, etc., household use as desiccant, humidity Regulators, deodorants, etc.; industrial use as oil hydrocarbon decolorizer, catalyst carrier, pressure swing adsorbent, etc.; fine separation agent for fine chemicals, beer stabilizer, paint thickener, toothpaste friction agent, matting agent, etc.
Silicone gel is classified according to its pore size: macroporous Silicone gel, coarse pore Silicone gel, B-type Silicone gel, and fine pore Silicone gel. Due to the different pore structure, their adsorption properties are different. The coarse-pored Silicone gel has a higher adsorption amount in the case of high relative humidity, and the fine-pored Silicone gel absorbs more than the coarse-pored Silicone gel at a relatively low relative humidity, while the B-type Silicone gel is thick and fine due to the pore structure. Between the holes, the amount of adsorption is also between the coarse and fine holes.
Inorganic Silicone gel can also be classified into beer Silicone gel, pressure swing adsorption Silicone gel, medical Silicone gel, color changing Silicone gel, Silicone gel desiccant, Silicone gel opening agent, and Silicone gel for toothpaste according to the use thereof. Organo silicone is an organosilicon compound, which refers to a compound containing Si-C bonds and at least one organic group directly connected to a silicon atom. It is customary to use organic groups and silicon through oxygen, sulfur, nitrogen, etc. Atom-linked compounds are also considered as organosilicon compounds. Among them, polysiloxanes composed of silicon-oxygen bonds (-Si-O-Si-) are the most widely studied and most widely used organosilicon compounds, accounting for more than 90% of the total dosage. . Silicone is mainly divided into four categories: silicone rubber, silicone resin, silicone oil and silane coupling agent.
- October 17, 2018(1) Silicone sealant for construction is widely accepted as the waterproof sealing material widely used in interior and exterior decoration of various buildings. However, with the rapid development of...view
- August 16, 2018Silicone is a general term for a class of chemical products. Silicone is a new term and a new material that has only appeared in recent years. Compared with other traditional materials, it is a relati...view
- May 22, 2018Characteristics: High flexibility, waterproof and moisture proof, strong adhesive force, strong resistance to cracking, permeable to air but impermeable to water, easy and high efficiency operation, e...view
- July 29, 2019Heat resistant silicone glue is a polymer of isoprene made from latex collected from rubber trees. It has good wear resistance, high elasticity, breaking strength and elongation. It is easy to age in ...view
- May 18, 2018BASF said it has recently found that the quality of TDI produced by Ludwigshafen has fluctuated. The TDI delivered at this site from August 25 to September 29, 2017 contains excess amounts of dichloro...view
- August 16, 2018The main silicone products are: silicone monomers, silicone intermediates, and silicone products.At present, there are a wide range of silicone products with a variety of brands and over 4,000 types a...view