Several Points To Be Noted In The Production Process Of Silicone Rubber
Compared with general-purpose rubber, all three types of silicone rubber have a relatively simple compounding component, and so does the heat-vulcanized type. In addition to raw rubber, the compounding agent mainly includes reinforcing agent, vulcanizing agent and some special auxiliaries. Generally, only 5~6 components can be used to form a practical formula. The silicone rubber formulation design should take into account the following points.
1.If silicon rubber is highly saturated raw rubber, it can not be vulcanized by sulfur, but by heat. Thermal vulcanization uses organic peroxides as vulcanizing agents. Therefore, the rubber compounds must not contain active substances that can interact with peroxide decomposition products, otherwise they will affect vulcanization.
2.Silicone rubber products are generally used at high temperatures, and the compounding agent should be stable at high temperatures. For this reason, inorganic oxides are usually used as reinforcing agents. In summer, it is a hot, humid and rainy climate. One of the characteristics of silicone rubber is that it is breathable. When the air humidity is high, the moisture in the air will be absorbed. When dry, the moisture in the rubber will slowly evaporate. It is recommended that the rubber compound be sealed and placed in a cool, ventilated and dry place to avoid high temperature and sunlight. Increasing the absorption of moisture may cause air bubble problems. It is recommended to order a small number of times and follow the principle of “first in, first out”.
3.Silicone rubber is liable to cause cracking and rearrangement of siloxane bonds under the action of a trace amount of a polar chemical such as an acid or a base, resulting in a decrease in heat resistance of the silicone rubber. Therefore, the choice of compounding agents must take into account their acidity and alkalinity, while also taking into account the acidity of the peroxide decomposition products, so as not to affect the performance of the vulcanizate.
- October 17, 2018(1) Silicone sealant is one kind of sealant. It is the same system as common glass glue, that is, a substance formed from materials such as sodium silicate and silicone, silicone structural polymer. T...view
- October 17, 2018(1) Silicone gel can be used as a desiccant and can be reused. Silicone gel is a porous material having a different particle size which is suitably dehydrated from a silicic acid gel mSiO2·nH2O. It h...view
- August 16, 2018Silicone products are mainly divided into four categories: silicone oil, silicone rubber, silicone resin and silane coupling agent.Silicone oil is a polyorganosiloxane of different degree of polymeriz...view
- August 16, 2018Hydrophilic silicones are prepared by hydrolysis of volatile chlorosilanes in an oxyhydrogen flame. From a chemical point of view, these loose white powders are composed of high purity amorphous silic...view
- November 12, 2020As an indispensable component of a car, car lights play an important role in night lighting, driving signals, fog collision avoidance, turn signs, etc., and are an important guarantee for car safety. ...view
- December 19, 2017On November 25th, 2016, Shenzhen, Hong Kong and Macao alumni from Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics visited Tianyongcheng polymer materials (Changzhou) Co., Ltd. And they provided gui...view