Information On Chemical Composition Of Silica Gel
Silica gel alias: Silicic acid gel. It is a highly active adsorbent material and an amorphous material. The main component of silica gel is silica, which is chemically stable and does not burn. It has an open porous structure with strong adsorption and can absorb a variety of materials. When dilute sulfuric acid (or hydrochloric acid) is added to the aqueous solution of water glass, it will become hydrous silicic acid gel and become solid. The dissolved electrolyte Na+ and SO4 2-(Cl-) ions are removed by water washing. Silica gel can be obtained after drying.
Silica gel Information
Generally speaking, silica gel can be divided into organic silica gel and inorganic silica gel according to its properties and components.
Inorganic silica gel is a kind of highly active adsorption material, which is usually prepared by the reaction of sodium silicate and sulfuric acid and a series of post-treatment processes such as aging and submerge in acid. Silica gel is an amorphous substance. Its chemical formula is mSiO2. nH2O. It is insoluble in water and any solvent, non-toxic, odorless, stable in chemical properties, and does not react with any substances except strong alkali and hydrofluoric acid. Different types of silica gel have different micropore structure due to different manufacturing methods.
The chemical composition and physical structure of silica gel determine that it has many other characteristics which are difficult to be replaced by other similar materials: high adsorption performance, good thermal stability, stable chemical properties, high mechanical strength, etc. It is used by families as desiccant, humidity regulator, deodorant, etc., by industry as oil hydrocarbon decolorizing agent, catalyst carrier, variable pressure adsorbent, etc., and by fine chemical industry as separation purifier, beer stabilizer, paint thickener, toothpaste friction agent, polish remover, etc.
Organic silica gel is an organosilicon compound that contains Si-C bonds, and at least one organic base is directly connected to the silicon atom. Traditionally, those compounds that connect the organic base to the silicon atom via oxygen, sulfur, nitrogen, etc., are also considered as organosilicon compounds. Moulded silica gel is a little more complex with irregular shapes, including silica gel bowl, silica gel ice lattice, silica gel cake mold and so on.
- November 12, 2020Due to its superior performance, the demand for silicone sealants has increased by more than 20% every year since the 1960s. As a result, many companies have invested in the silicone manufacturing ind...view
- October 17, 2018(1) Silicone sealant for construction is widely accepted as the waterproof sealing material widely used in interior and exterior decoration of various buildings. However, with the rapid development of...view
- May 18, 2018BASF said it has recently found that the quality of TDI produced by Ludwigshafen has fluctuated. The TDI delivered at this site from August 25 to September 29, 2017 contains excess amounts of dichloro...view
- November 12, 2020As an indispensable component of a car, car lights play an important role in night lighting, driving signals, fog collision avoidance, turn signs, etc., and are an important guarantee for car safety. ...view
- August 16, 2018Waterproof mastic sealant is also commonly referred to as JS polymer cement based waterproof coating. The polymer cement based waterproof coating is a two component polymer cement based waterproof coa...view
- July 29, 2019Heat resistant silicone glue is a polymer of isoprene made from latex collected from rubber trees. It has good wear resistance, high elasticity, breaking strength and elongation. It is easy to age in ...view