What Is Silicone Glue Used For
(1) Silicone gel can be used as a desiccant and can be reused. Silicone gel is a porous material having a different particle size which is suitably dehydrated from a silicic acid gel mSiO2·nH2O. It has an open porous structure, a large specific surface area (surface area per unit mass), and can adsorb many substances. It is a good desiccant, adsorbent and catalyst carrier. The adsorption of silicone gel is mainly physical adsorption, which can be regenerated and reused. Adding acid to an alkali metal siliconete (such as sodium siliconete) solution, acidifying it, adding a certain amount of electrolyte to stir, to form a silicic acid gel; or adding acid or a thicker sodium siliconete solution Ammonium salts can also form silicic acid gels. The silicic acid gel is allowed to stand for several hours to be aged, and then the soluble salt is washed away with hot water, dried at 60 to 70 ° C and activated at about 300 ° C to obtain a silicone gel. The siliconete gel is immersed in a cobalt chloride solution, then dried and activated to obtain a color-changing silicone gel. When it is used as a desiccant, it is blue before water absorption, and turns red after water absorption. The degree of water absorption can be seen from the change of color, and whether regeneration treatment is required. Silicone gel is also widely used in steam recovery, petroleum refining and catalyst preparation. Silicone can also be used as a mobile phone case with extremely high drop resistance.
Silicone is used in a wide range of applications. It is not only used as a special material for aviation, cutting-edge technology, and military technology departments, but also used in various sectors of the national economy. Its application has been extended to: construction, electrical and electronic, textile, automotive, machinery, leather and paper, chemical light industry, Metals and paints, medical and medical services, etc.
With the advancement and development of modern science and technology, the use of silicone rubber in medicine will have broader prospects. The heat-curable silicone rubber can be made into products of different hardness, and is the most commonly used one in clinical practice, and can be pre-engraved into a shape. Such as: nasal prosthesis, artificial mandible, skull patch, breast prosthesis, auricle or stent mandibular facial complex material, artificial joints, etc.
The room temperature vulcanized silicone rubber is a silicone oil unit. At room temperature, the vulcanization process is completed by the action of a catalyst, and is injected into a desired portion before it is still liquid, and is filled and shaped according to a local defect form. However, this type of use has many complications and has been discontinued.
(2) The foamed silicone rubber is based on a condensation-type hydroxyl-terminated silicon raw rubber, the hydroxyl-containing hydrogen-containing silicone oil is a foaming agent, and the vinyl platinum complex is a catalyst (the heating catalyst is dibutyltin dilaurate). A porous sponge-like elastomer formed by foaming at room temperature. In order to improve the quality of the foam, some other components, such as silicone-containing oil, are added to make the vulcanization process produce more gas; the foam feels and the density is reduced. The addition of diphenylsilyl glycol not only controls the structure of the foam, but also controls the viscosity of the rubber during storage, but the amount of the rubber can not be too much, otherwise it will affect the electrical properties of the foam. In order to improve the physical and mechanical properties of the foam, a transparent silicone rubber may also be added. The amount of the vinyl complex of the catalyst chloroplatinic acid should not be too much, which is subject to the convenience of operation. Otherwise, the viscosity increase is not conducive to the operation; when the amount of the catalyst is insufficient, the vulcanization is incomplete, the surface of the foam is sticky, and the elasticity is not Good, soft and plastic, with poor strength. The foamed silicone rubber is liquid before vulcanization and is suitable as a potting material. The vulcanized foam can be used for a long time at -60~159 °C, and it can be used for 50 times at 150 ° C, 72 hours old, or 60 to 10 70 ° C, and the foam still maintains the original performance.
(3) Foamed silicone rubber is an ideal lightweight packaging material because of its high thermal stability, good thermal insulation, insulation, moisture resistance, and shock resistance, especially at high frequencies. . It can be used as a "three-proof" protection function for "moisture proof, shockproof and anti-corrosion" for various electronic components, instruments, instruments, flying instrument wheels, etc. It can also be used as a filling material for insulating interlayers and floating in a salt spray atmosphere，such as Materials and sealing materials. Foamed silicone rubber can also be used as an orthopedic filling, repairing and dressing material in medicine.
- June 5, 2018Glass cementIt can be used to stick the windshield and rear window on the car, so that it can be firmly bonded to the car body. The use of glass cement completely abandoned the backward means of tradi...view
- August 16, 2018Silicone, i.e., an organosilicon compound, refers to a compound containing the Si-C bond and having at least one organic base that is directly connected to the silicon atom. It is also customary to tr...view
- August 16, 2018Waterproof mastic sealant is also commonly referred to as JS polymer cement based waterproof coating. The polymer cement based waterproof coating is a two component polymer cement based waterproof coa...view
- October 17, 2018(1) Silicone sealant for construction is widely accepted as the waterproof sealing material widely used in interior and exterior decoration of various buildings. However, with the rapid development of...view
- July 29, 2019The vulcanization reaction of RTV one is initiated by moisture in the air. The commonly used cross-linking agent is methyl triacetoxysilane, whose Si-O-C bond is easily hydrolyzed. Acetoxy and hydroge...view
- July 29, 2019Thermal conductive silica gel, also known as thermally conductive rtv, can be cured at room temperature and has certain bonding properties. Thermally conductive RTV is a kind of silicone rubber, which...view