What Does Silicone Mean 2
Silicone, i.e., an organosilicon compound, refers to a compound containing the Si-C bond and having at least one organic base that is directly connected to the silicon atom. It is also customary to treat compounds that connect organic bases to silicon atoms through oxygen, sulfur, nitrogen, etc. as organosilicon compounds. Among them, polysiloxanes composed of silicon-oxygen bonds (-Si-O-Si-) are the most widely studied and most widely used organosilicon compounds, accounting for more than 90% of the total dosage.
Due to the unique structure of organic silicon, it has the properties of inorganic materials and organic materials. It has the basic properties of low surface tension, small viscosity coefficient, high compressibility and high gas permeability. It also has excellent properties such as high temperature resistance, electrical insulation, oxidation resistance, weather resistance, flame retardancy, water repellency, corrosion resistance, non-toxicity, tastelessness and physiological inertness. It is widely used in aerospace, electrical and electronic, construction, transportation, chemical industry, textile, food, light industry, medical and other industries, where silicone is mainly used for sealing, bonding, lubrication, coating, surface activating, demoulding, defoaming , anti-foaming, waterproofing, moisture-proofing, inert filling, etc. With the continuous growth of the number and variety of organic silicon, the application field has been continuously expanded to form an important product system unique to the chemical new materials industry. Many varieties are irreplaceable and indispensable for other chemicals.
Organic silicon is also involved in the metabolism of organisms, usually in the form of CH3(SiOH)3. Silicone plays an important role in the body's functions and is directly related to the absorption of minerals. The average human body has about seven grams of silicon, far more than other important minerals, such as iron. Iron and silicon are essential elements in the human body and play an important role in maintaining a normal metabolism.
- August 16, 2018Silica gel alias: Silicic acid gel. It is a highly active adsorbent material and an amorphous material. Its chemical formula is mSiO2. nH2O. It is insoluble in water and any solvent, non-toxic, odorle...view
- July 29, 2019Thermal conductive silica gel, also known as thermally conductive rtv, can be cured at room temperature and has certain bonding properties. Thermally conductive RTV is a kind of silicone rubber, which...view
- May 25, 20181. Instant adhesion. Instant adhesive is not required to be heated and pressurized. It has the characteristics of fast curing and strong bonding strength. The pull of a 6.45 square centimeter adhesive...view
- December 19, 2017CSEPV 2017 China (Shenzhen) International Solar Photovoltaic Exhibition will be held in Shenzhen International Exhibition Center from December 8th to December 10th. Through the concentrated display an...view
- July 29, 2019Ceramic silicone rubber is more popular in electrical machinery and equipment manufacturing than other products containing silica gel. Ceramic silicone rubber mainly includes silicone rubber matrix, c...view
- May 25, 2018Single component RTVSingle component RTV silicone rubber system is one of the three RTV silicone rubber system that is used most widely. The silicone rubber can be turned into elastomer with net struc...view