Water Based Silicone 2
An important property of silicone SAA is its excellent surface activity and ease of spreading. This property is derived from the low surface tension and weak intermolecular forces of polydimethylsiloxane. The silicon atom is in the center of the tetrahedron in the compound. According to the tetrahedral structure, the two methyl groups are perpendicular to the plane in which the silicon and two adjacent oxygen atoms are connected; since the SI-C bond has a large length, the three hydrogens on the two non-polar methyl groups are like an open umbrella, so that it has good hydrophobicity.
The three hydrogen atoms on the methyl group occupy a large space due to the rotation of the methyl group, thereby increasing the distance between adjacent siloxane molecules; the intermolecular force is inversely proportional to the sixth power of the intermolecular distance, so polydimethylsiloxane has much weaker intermolecular forces than hydrocarbons. Therefore, its surface tension is smaller than that of hydrocarbons of similar molar mass, so that the siloxane is easily spread at the interface. Another reason for polydimethylsiloxane chain distribution and polar surfaces (such as water, metals, fibers, etc.) is that oxygen in the silicon oxide chain forms hydrogen bonds with polar molecules or radicals. The force of the molecules between the silicon oxide chain and the polar surface is increased, causing it to spread into a monolayer; thus making the hydrophobic silicone lying on the polar surface in a unique "extension chain" configuration. The hydrophobic group of a common SAA is erected on a polar surface.
The above characteristics of silicone SAA determine that such materials have the characteristics of easy emulsification, excellent permeability, strong bonding with polar substrates, good surface spreadability, and thin film formation. If it is not modified by a hydrophilic group, it is still hydrophobic.
A typical type of silicone SAA is a polyether silicone oil. Since the polyether group is suspended or embedded in its molecular chain (side chain or main chain), it has a property of being oleophilic and hydrophilic. That is, the oil is not only miscible with the alkane oily substance, but also easily dispersed in water. This is a very useful feature.
- July 29, 2019The vulcanization reaction of RTV one is initiated by moisture in the air. The commonly used cross-linking agent is methyl triacetoxysilane, whose Si-O-C bond is easily hydrolyzed. Acetoxy and hydroge...view
- May 22, 2018Characteristics: High flexibility, waterproof and moisture proof, strong adhesive force, strong resistance to cracking, permeable to air but impermeable to water, easy and high efficiency operation, e...view
- December 19, 2017Tianyongcheng invites you to join "the eighth Shenzhen thousands of people's power technology semina." "The news is so exhilarating that everyone is celebrating and spreading it to the rest of the wor...view
- May 18, 2018BASF said it has recently found that the quality of TDI produced by Ludwigshafen has fluctuated. The TDI delivered at this site from August 25 to September 29, 2017 contains excess amounts of dichloro...view
- June 5, 2018Automotive silicone adhesive have special characteristics in automobile maintenance. Because most of the joint surface after the use and demolition, have different degrees of deformation and damage, i...view
- October 17, 2018(1) Silicone resin is mainly used in the preparation of silicone insulating varnish, silicone coating, silicone adhesive and silicone plastic. High-performance coatings such as high-grade building ext...view