Solvent For Silicone
Silica gel alias: Silicic acid gel. It is a highly active adsorbent material and an amorphous material. Its chemical formula is mSiO2. nH2O. It is insoluble in water and any solvent, non-toxic, odorless, stable in chemical properties, and does not react with any substances except strong alkali and hydrofluoric acid. Different types of silica gel have different micropore structure due to different manufacturing methods. The chemical composition and physical structure of silica gel determine that it has many other characteristics which are difficult to be replaced by other similar materials: high adsorption performance, good thermal stability, stable chemical properties, high mechanical strength, etc. Silica gel is classified according to its pore size: macroporous silica gel, coarse pore silica gel, B-type silica gel, fine pore silica gel, and the like.
Dissolution method for silica gel: Silicone rubber has excellent water resistance and is insoluble in water, but it can be dispersed in water in subdivided form. Some silicon rubber is still soluble in some non-polar solvents (most of which are swelling), which can be dissolved first and then emulsified into emulsion, and the solvent can be evaporated out.
General rubbers such as common neoprene, nitrile rubber, natural rubber, synthetic natural rubber, butyl rubber, etc., have a large molecular weight, and need to be reduced in molecular weight by melting rubber to be dissolved in an organic solvent. Different glues have different solvents depending on their polarity.
Polyurethane is also a rubber, but it is formed by physical crosslinking. Linear or differentially branched polyurethane resins generally require aprotic, highly polar solvents such as DMF, DMAc, and NMP.
Characteristics of rubber dissolution: Solid unvulcanized rubber can be dissolved in some organic solvents, but as a polymer material, its dissolution process is significantly different from that of solid low molecular materials. First, the dissolution process is slow and cannot be accomplished in a flash like a low molecular material. Second, the whole process is divided into two phases: first swelling and then dissolution.This time needed is particularly long.
- August 16, 2018The main silicone products are: silicone monomers, silicone intermediates, and silicone products.At present, there are a wide range of silicone products with a variety of brands and over 4,000 types a...view
- August 16, 2018Step 1: select materialsChoose suitable silicon rubber materials according to the use environment and quality requirements of the products, such as the requirements of wear resistance, oil resistance,...view
- August 16, 2018Features of silica gel:High temperature resistance: suitable for temperature range of -40 to 230℃, and can be used in microwave oven or oven.Easy to clean: the silicone products produced by silica ge...view
- October 17, 2018(1) Neutral curing silicone rubber, which has good bonding strength and sealing performance for most materials, and has good high and low temperature resistance. The temperature ranges from -45 °C to...view
- December 19, 2017China Chemical and Physical Power Industry Association will hold "The 12th Chinese International Battery Communication /Exhibition", which is unprecedented in scale, on 24th to 26th in May ,2016. At t...view
- August 16, 2018The silicone solvent is a milky white or light cyan transparent solution, and the basic component is amorphous silica. Its molecular formula is mSiO2•nH2O, wherein SiO2 is dispersed in water or an or...view