(1) Silicone gel, alias Silicone gel or silicic acid gel, English name is Silicone gel or Silicone. The molecular formula is xSiO2·yH2O and the molecular weight is 60.08,which is Transparent or milky white granular solid. It has an open porous structure, strong adsorption, and can adsorb a variety of substances. Dilute sulfuric acid (or hydrochloric acid) is added to an aqueous solution of water glass and allowed to stand to form a hydrous silicic acid gel to be solidified. The electrolyte Na+ and SO4 2-(Cl-) ions dissolved therein are removed by water washing, and after drying, Silicone gel is obtained. If the water is absorbed, part of the Silicone gel absorbs about 40% or even 300%. Used for gas drying, gas absorption, liquid dehydration, chromatography, etc., also used as a catalyst. For example, cobalt chloride is added, which is blue when dried and red when absorbed. Recyclable and reusable. The main component of Silicone gel is Silicone, which is chemically stable and does not burn. Silicone gel is an amorphous Silicone. The dust content in the workshop should be no more than 10 mg/m3. It is necessary to strengthen the exhaust and wear a mask when operating.
Silicone gel has a strong adsorption capacity and can cause dryness on human skin. Therefore, work clothes should be worn during operation. If the silicone enters the eye, rinse with plenty of water and we should seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Blue Silicone gel is potentially toxic due to its small amount of cobalt chloride. Avoid contacting with food and inhalation. If a poisoning event occurs, seek medical attention immediately.
When the Silicone gel is adsorbed by water vapor or other organic substances in the medium during use, the adsorption capacity is lowered and can be reused after regeneration. Superior performance, coupled with Silicone is a non-petroleum product, does not rely on increasingly scarce petroleum resources, making silicone products a substitute for similar plastic products is the trend of the times, while silicone products can be applied to areas where there are many plastic products that cannot be used. Such as baby pacifiers, etc., the application prospects are very broad. All silicone products can pass the US FDA certification, SGS certification and European LFGB certification, achieving barrier-free entry.
(2) In general, Silicone gel can be divided into two major categories: organic Silicone gel and inorganic Silicone gel according to its nature and composition.
Inorganic Silicone gel is a highly active adsorbent material, usually prepared by reacting sodium Siliconete and sulfuric acid, and undergoing a series of post-treatment processes such as aging and acid foaming. Silicone gel is an amorphous substance with a chemical formula of mSiO2. nH2O. It is insoluble in water and any solvent, non-toxic and tasteless, chemically stable, and does not react with any substance except strong alkali and hydrofluoric acid. Various types of Silicone gels have different microporous structures due to their different manufacturing methods. The chemical composition and physical structure of Silicone gel determine that it has many characteristics that are difficult to replace with other similar materials: high adsorption performance, good thermal stability, stable chemical properties, high mechanical strength, etc., household use as desiccant, humidity Regulators, deodorants, etc.; industrial use as oil hydrocarbon decolorizer, catalyst carrier, pressure swing adsorbent, etc.; fine separation agent for fine chemicals, beer stabilizer, paint thickener, toothpaste friction agent, matting agent, etc.
Silicone gel is classified according to its pore size: macroporous Silicone gel, coarse pore Silicone gel, B-type Silicone gel, and fine pore Silicone gel. Due to the different pore structure, their adsorption properties are different. The coarse-pored Silicone gel has a higher adsorption amount in the case of high relative humidity, and the fine-pored Silicone gel absorbs more than the coarse-pored Silicone gel at a relatively low relative humidity, while the B-type Silicone gel is thick and fine due to the pore structure. Between the holes, the amount of adsorption is also between the coarse and fine holes.
Inorganic Silicone gel can also be classified into beer Silicone gel, pressure swing adsorption Silicone gel, medical Silicone gel, color changing Silicone gel, Silicone gel desiccant, Silicone gel opening agent, and Silicone gel for toothpaste according to the use thereof. Organo silicone is an organosilicon compound, which refers to a compound containing Si-C bonds and at least one organic group directly connected to a silicon atom. It is customary to use organic groups and silicon through oxygen, sulfur, nitrogen, etc. Atom-linked compounds are also considered as organosilicon compounds. Among them, polysiloxanes composed of silicon-oxygen bonds (-Si-O-Si-) are the most widely studied and most widely used organosilicon compounds, accounting for more than 90% of the total dosage. . Silicone is mainly divided into four categories: silicone rubber, silicone resin, silicone oil and silane coupling agent.
- August 16, 2018Features of silica gel:High temperature resistance: suitable for temperature range of -40 to 230℃, and can be used in microwave oven or oven.Easy to clean: the silicone products produced by silica ge...view
- October 17, 2018(1) Silicone resin is mainly used in the preparation of silicone insulating varnish, silicone coating, silicone adhesive and silicone plastic. High-performance coatings such as high-grade building ext...view
- May 25, 2018Coating adhesive, also known as cladding adhesive, rtv silicone coating or coating for commonness, is a kind of coating-type adhesive with special formulation. After applying the coating adhesive on t...view
- July 29, 2019The vulcanization reaction of RTV one is initiated by moisture in the air. The commonly used cross-linking agent is methyl triacetoxysilane, whose Si-O-C bond is easily hydrolyzed. Acetoxy and hydroge...view
- May 25, 20181. Instant adhesion. Instant adhesive is not required to be heated and pressurized. It has the characteristics of fast curing and strong bonding strength. The pull of a 6.45 square centimeter adhesive...view
- June 5, 2018Automotive silicone adhesive have special characteristics in automobile maintenance. Because most of the joint surface after the use and demolition, have different degrees of deformation and damage, i...view