Several Points To Be Noted In The Production Process Of Silicone Rubber
Compared with general-purpose rubber, all three types of silicone rubber have a relatively simple compounding component, and so does the heat-vulcanized type. In addition to raw rubber, the compounding agent mainly includes reinforcing agent, vulcanizing agent and some special auxiliaries. Generally, only 5~6 components can be used to form a practical formula. The silicone rubber formulation design should take into account the following points.
1.If silicon rubber is highly saturated raw rubber, it can not be vulcanized by sulfur, but by heat. Thermal vulcanization uses organic peroxides as vulcanizing agents. Therefore, the rubber compounds must not contain active substances that can interact with peroxide decomposition products, otherwise they will affect vulcanization.
2.Silicone rubber products are generally used at high temperatures, and the compounding agent should be stable at high temperatures. For this reason, inorganic oxides are usually used as reinforcing agents. In summer, it is a hot, humid and rainy climate. One of the characteristics of silicone rubber is that it is breathable. When the air humidity is high, the moisture in the air will be absorbed. When dry, the moisture in the rubber will slowly evaporate. It is recommended that the rubber compound be sealed and placed in a cool, ventilated and dry place to avoid high temperature and sunlight. Increasing the absorption of moisture may cause air bubble problems. It is recommended to order a small number of times and follow the principle of “first in, first out”.
3.Silicone rubber is liable to cause cracking and rearrangement of siloxane bonds under the action of a trace amount of a polar chemical such as an acid or a base, resulting in a decrease in heat resistance of the silicone rubber. Therefore, the choice of compounding agents must take into account their acidity and alkalinity, while also taking into account the acidity of the peroxide decomposition products, so as not to affect the performance of the vulcanizate.
- August 16, 2018Uses of waterproof adhesive:1.Concrete surface: apply directly on the concrete surface, with thickness between 2mm and 3mm, not too thin or too thick. Dry for more than 7 days after construction.2.Sea...view
- October 17, 2018(1) The silicone sealant has stable quality and long-lasting effect, unlike the acrylic system. As a result, they are extremely cost-effective, especially when used in kitchens and bathrooms. Silicone...view
- August 16, 2018Silica gel alias: Silicic acid gel. It is a highly active adsorbent material and an amorphous material. Its chemical formula is mSiO2. nH2O. It is insoluble in water and any solvent, non-toxic, odorle...view
- June 5, 2018Glass cementIt can be used to stick the windshield and rear window on the car, so that it can be firmly bonded to the car body. The use of glass cement completely abandoned the backward means of tradi...view
- October 17, 2018(1) Silicone resin is mainly used in the preparation of silicone insulating varnish, silicone coating, silicone adhesive and silicone plastic. High-performance coatings such as high-grade building ext...view
- July 29, 2019It is well known that heat resistant silicone rubber can withstand high temperature. It is a high temperature resistant and tensile silicone rubber based on special silicone rubber material. It can wi...view