Information On Chemical Composition Of Silica Gel
Silica gel alias: Silicic acid gel. It is a highly active adsorbent material and an amorphous material. The main component of silica gel is silica, which is chemically stable and does not burn. It has an open porous structure with strong adsorption and can absorb a variety of materials. When dilute sulfuric acid (or hydrochloric acid) is added to the aqueous solution of water glass, it will become hydrous silicic acid gel and become solid. The dissolved electrolyte Na+ and SO4 2-(Cl-) ions are removed by water washing. Silica gel can be obtained after drying.
Generally speaking, silica gel can be divided into organic silica gel and inorganic silica gel according to its properties and components.
Inorganic silica gel is a kind of highly active adsorption material, which is usually prepared by the reaction of sodium silicate and sulfuric acid and a series of post-treatment processes such as aging and submerge in acid. Silica gel is an amorphous substance. Its chemical formula is mSiO2. nH2O. It is insoluble in water and any solvent, non-toxic, odorless, stable in chemical properties, and does not react with any substances except strong alkali and hydrofluoric acid. Different types of silica gel have different micropore structure due to different manufacturing methods.
The chemical composition and physical structure of silica gel determine that it has many other characteristics which are difficult to be replaced by other similar materials: high adsorption performance, good thermal stability, stable chemical properties, high mechanical strength, etc. It is used by families as desiccant, humidity regulator, deodorant, etc., by industry as oil hydrocarbon decolorizing agent, catalyst carrier, variable pressure adsorbent, etc., and by fine chemical industry as separation purifier, beer stabilizer, paint thickener, toothpaste friction agent, polish remover, etc.
Organic silica gel is an organosilicon compound that contains Si-C bonds, and at least one organic base is directly connected to the silicon atom. Traditionally, those compounds that connect the organic base to the silicon atom via oxygen, sulfur, nitrogen, etc., are also considered as organosilicon compounds. Moulded silica gel is a little more complex with irregular shapes, including silica gel bowl, silica gel ice lattice, silica gel cake mold and so on.
- August 16, 2018Silicone, i.e., an organosilicon compound, refers to a compound containing the Si-C bond and having at least one organic base that is directly connected to the silicon atom. It is also customary to tr...view
- August 16, 2018Step 1: select materialsChoose suitable silicon rubber materials according to the use environment and quality requirements of the products, such as the requirements of wear resistance, oil resistance,...view
- May 25, 2018The new and unique adhesive and adhesive technology, have the special function, which can achieve the multiple purpose, with the riveting, welding, the spiral joint, the bond, the tenon and so on. For...view
- May 22, 20181.Use: A single group of silicone glass glue can be used immediately. It is easy to type it from the bottle with a glue gun, and a spatula or wood chip can be used to trim the surface.2.Adhesion time:...view
- October 17, 2018(1) Silicone resin is mainly used in the preparation of silicone insulating varnish, silicone coating, silicone adhesive and silicone plastic. High-performance coatings such as high-grade building ext...view
- July 29, 2019The vulcanization reaction of RTV one is initiated by moisture in the air. The commonly used cross-linking agent is methyl triacetoxysilane, whose Si-O-C bond is easily hydrolyzed. Acetoxy and hydroge...view