Information On Chemical Composition Of Silica Gel
Silica gel alias: Silicic acid gel. It is a highly active adsorbent material and an amorphous material. The main component of silica gel is silica, which is chemically stable and does not burn. It has an open porous structure with strong adsorption and can absorb a variety of materials. When dilute sulfuric acid (or hydrochloric acid) is added to the aqueous solution of water glass, it will become hydrous silicic acid gel and become solid. The dissolved electrolyte Na+ and SO4 2-(Cl-) ions are removed by water washing. Silica gel can be obtained after drying.
Silica gel Information
Generally speaking, silica gel can be divided into organic silica gel and inorganic silica gel according to its properties and components.
Inorganic silica gel is a kind of highly active adsorption material, which is usually prepared by the reaction of sodium silicate and sulfuric acid and a series of post-treatment processes such as aging and submerge in acid. Silica gel is an amorphous substance. Its chemical formula is mSiO2. nH2O. It is insoluble in water and any solvent, non-toxic, odorless, stable in chemical properties, and does not react with any substances except strong alkali and hydrofluoric acid. Different types of silica gel have different micropore structure due to different manufacturing methods.
The chemical composition and physical structure of silica gel determine that it has many other characteristics which are difficult to be replaced by other similar materials: high adsorption performance, good thermal stability, stable chemical properties, high mechanical strength, etc. It is used by families as desiccant, humidity regulator, deodorant, etc., by industry as oil hydrocarbon decolorizing agent, catalyst carrier, variable pressure adsorbent, etc., and by fine chemical industry as separation purifier, beer stabilizer, paint thickener, toothpaste friction agent, polish remover, etc.
Organic silica gel is an organosilicon compound that contains Si-C bonds, and at least one organic base is directly connected to the silicon atom. Traditionally, those compounds that connect the organic base to the silicon atom via oxygen, sulfur, nitrogen, etc., are also considered as organosilicon compounds. Moulded silica gel is a little more complex with irregular shapes, including silica gel bowl, silica gel ice lattice, silica gel cake mold and so on.
- August 16, 2018Silicone products are mainly divided into four categories: silicone oil, silicone rubber, silicone resin and silane coupling agent.Silicone oil is a polyorganosiloxane of different degree of polymeriz...view
- October 17, 2018(1) Silicone gel can be used as a desiccant and can be reused. Silicone gel is a porous material having a different particle size which is suitably dehydrated from a silicic acid gel mSiO2·nH2O. It h...view
- December 19, 2017CSEPV 2017 China (Shenzhen) International Solar Photovoltaic Exhibition will be held in Shenzhen International Exhibition Center from December 8th to December 10th. Through the concentrated display an...view
- October 17, 2018(1) Silicone sealant for construction is widely accepted as the waterproof sealing material widely used in interior and exterior decoration of various buildings. However, with the rapid development of...view
- May 25, 2018The new and unique adhesive and adhesive technology, have the special function, which can achieve the multiple purpose, with the riveting, welding, the spiral joint, the bond, the tenon and so on. For...view
- May 25, 2018Single component RTVSingle component RTV silicone rubber system is one of the three RTV silicone rubber system that is used most widely. The silicone rubber can be turned into elastomer with net struc...view