(1) Tips and routine maintenance of sealing strips
Automotive sealant strip are one of the important parts of the car. It is widely used in doors, windows, body, seats, sunroofs, engine compartments and trunks. It can also produce rubber hinges for installing passenger luggage compartment doors. It has other functions such as waterproofing and sealing.
Classification of automotive sealant strips:
1. Vulcanized rubber sealant strip. Generally it is made of EPDM. It has outstanding ozone resistance, excellent weather resistance, good high temperature resistance, low temperature performance, outstanding chemical resistance, resistance to various polar solutes, and low relative density. The disadvantage is that the amount of expansion in general mineral oils and lubricants is large.
2. Silicone rubber sealing strip. It has outstanding high and low temperature resistance, ozone and weather resistance; it has unparalleled insulation performance; it can meet the hygienic level of food hygiene requirements.
3. Neoprene sealant strip. It has excellent weather resistance, ozone resistance, heat aging resistance, oil and solvent resistance, good chemical resistance and excellent flame resistance.
4. Nitrile rubber sealing strip. It is oil-resistant and solvent-resistant, but it is not resistant to ketones, esters and chlorinated hydrocarbons. Its elasticity and mechanical properties are very good.
5. Thermoplastic elastomer type sealing strips. It has good elasticity and excellent wear resistance, good oil resistance, wide adjustable hardness range, excellent mechanical properties, excellent cold resistance and chemical resistance.
6, thermoplastic vulcanized rubber sealing strip. It has the flexibility and elasticity of rubber and can be produced by plastic processing without the need for vulcanization. The waste can be recycled and reused. It is a material with a wide range of properties.
7. Plasticized polyvinyl chloride sealing strips. The material is cheap and easy to obtain, and has corrosion resistance, wear resistance, acid and alkali resistance and various chemical media. 8. Surface coating material. The surface of the sealing strip is coated with polyurethane, silicone, polytetrafluoroethylene and the like to replace the surface flocking of the conventional process.
(2) Daily maintenance and use skills of automotive sealant strips:
1. Check the seals for large cracks and cracks. If the seal is broken, it can be repaired with an adhesive. In particular, it is easy to fill a large crack strip by using a special adhesive for the seal. Of course, if the seal is seriously damaged or has a large degree of aging, it is best to replace it with a new one.
2. After the car owner uses the car detergent to clean the door and window sealing strip, it is better to apply a layer of high permeability protective agent, which can prevent the sealing strip from aging and greatly improve the sealing of the sealing strip. In addition to this, the gap between the seal strips is easily filled with dust and rust. To this end, the dust should be removed with a brush.
3. When replacing the whole body, a layer of sealant should be applied on the overlapping part of the weld. The thickness of the glue layer should be about 1mm, and the glue layer should not have defects such as false stickiness and air bubbles. The entire lower surface of the floor and the lower surface of the front wheel cover should be coated with an elastic coating of 3mm-4mm and an anti-corrosion coating. These measures not only greatly enhance the sealing performance of the vehicle and slow down the rust rate of the vehicle body, but also greatly improve the ride comfort.
4. The sealing of the door and the body is a difficult part. The sealing requirements are strict. The part to be sealed is relatively long, the sectional shape of each sealing part is not the same, and the door is opened and closed frequently. In the limousine, three lanes, four seals, and a four-sealed structure for the front pillar and the roof side beam are installed. This multi-channel seal is generally arranged in the front door seam, in addition to the sealing function, and there is also the effect of car noise reduction.
5. After the window glass is damaged, the owner should check the seal for damage when changing the glass. Since the window often fails to return to its original shape after repair, it is necessary to pay attention to the sealing around the window glass in addition to ensuring that the window glass can be easily pulled or lifted. If the gap between the glass and the glass slot is not uniform, the rubber strip is in poor contact with the glass and the glass groove, and the owner can easily pull the seal off by hand.
6. When changing the roof of the car, the owner should first apply a layer of conductive sealant at the press-fit around the roof. After welding, apply the folded edge glue in the flow tank and the joint. This will not only help the body. The seal prevents the car from causing early corrosion due to water accumulation at the flange weld.
POLYMER provides global customers the overall solutions with safe, reliable, innovative high-tech silicon rubber
related products and high-end service.